Re: HTML documentation - one file per function

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: HTML documentation - one file per function
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 10:54:42 -0400

On May 3, 2008, at 12:06 PM, Søren Hauberg wrote:

lør, 03 05 2008 kl. 11:54 -0400, skrev John Swensen:
Is there a way to process the docstrings so as to create one file per
function?  I have started work on OctaveDE again and want to make a
help browser.  I can simply use the existing HTML documentation, but
would prefer to have it in the format of one HTML file per function.
I would then try to work in cross referencing and the like.  Has
someone already done this before?

You mean like the Function Reference at the Octave-Forge web site,
http://octave.sourceforge.net/doc/index.html ?

Søren

Would it be too much to ask someone who has access to the webserver to zip/tgz up all the HTML from the "Function Reference" portion of the website and send it to me offline. I have been fighting trying to get it to build off-and-on for 2 days now and can't get it to do all of it. I have the DOCSTRINGS from octave in place, but it won't generate the pages for interpreter functions.

I wrote a simple little help viewer (in GTK since the rest of OctaveDE is in that also) that uses a full-text search library called Xapian to index all the files. Currently it only works on-line; e.g. I index the files to create a local search database and then simply direct them to the octave.sourceforge.net website. Needless to say, I would like a complete set of the website HTML files so the index database will be complete.

John Swensen