Re: [Changeset] Re: Q: Low hanging fruit?

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: [Changeset] Re: Q: Low hanging fruit?
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 09:52:30 +0200

John W. Eaton wrote:
> Instead of adding ad-hoc parsing to the get_user_input function, I
> think it would be better to make dbstep a normal function that
> examines its arguments and sets some global variables that are used by
> the get_user_input function.  Is that possible?
Maybe, I can try it that way instead..
> It might also be
> worth trying to use the normal parse/eval loop instead of eval_string
> so that we can accept multiple line input in debug mode.

This would be great as one of the nice features of the matlab debugger
is that when you go into the debug mode you can cut and paste directly
to piece of suspect code at the debug prompt and test it, whereas with
Octave you have to convert it to a single line before pasting it.
However, I'm not sure I see how that should be done. Do we stay in
get_user_input as at present and call the parser from there, or are we
in the main parser loop with the some flag set that causes us to
fallback into get_user_input from the MAYBE_DO_BREAKPOINT macro? I'd
rather not implement this at this point personally.

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary