Re: [Changeset] Re: Faster Array transpose

From: dbateman
Subject: Re: [Changeset] Re: Faster Array transpose
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 07:49:03 -0700 (PDT)

John W. Eaton wrote:

> | Could you examine further the changesets
> |
> | 8002
> | 8003
> | 8004
> | 8006
> | 8015
> | 8017
> | 8019
> | 8056
> |
> | from http://hg.dbateman.org/octave and see what further you'd like to be
> | added to the single precision code before accepting it into 3.1..
>
> I applied all these changesets in one batch to my archive.

Ok some other changesets from my repository that relate to the single
precision type that should be merged are

8072 8073 8076 8077 8094

> | I'll work on the single precision type further in any case, including
> |
> | * single precision version of quad
>
> OK.

Done in the above changesets.

> | * perhaps the same for daspk, glpk, etc, but less sure of that
>
> This is not a high priority for me.

Me neither, but getting the base classes for this templatized for
float/double would be useful and is what I was currently doing, though being
a new dad for the last five days has more or less stopped me for the moment.

> | * Move more methods from teh derived classes to the Array classes to
> | clean up the code.
>
> OK.

This and the single precision test code is the major thing still to do for
this.

Cheers
David