Building octave development from sources problem

From: Dach Miroslaw
Subject: Building octave development from sources problem
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 09:29:16 +0200

Dear All,

I have tried to build octave redevelopment from sources on my Linux PC
(Scientific Linux distribution 5)

When I have tried autogen.sh I have got following errors:

[-bash SLSBASE=]# ./autogen.sh
calling autoconf and autoheader...
/root/mercurial-1.0.1/octave
configure.in:1327: /usr/bin/m4: builtin `mkstemp' requested by
frozen file is not supported
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
configure.in:1327: /usr/bin/m4: builtin `mkstemp' requested by
frozen file is not supported
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
autoheader: /usr/bin/autom4te failed with exit status: 1
/root/mercurial-1.0.1/octave/scripts
skipping autoheader in ./scripts

My system is as following:

Linux pc4241 2.6.18-53.1.14.el5 #1 SMP Wed Mar 5 10:12:42 EST 2008
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

I will be grateful for any hint how to compile development version of octave
in order to use John Swensen idea described in the post:
http://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2008-May/007413.html

Best Regards

Miroslaw Dach