Re: Merging graphics branch

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Merging graphics branch
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 00:17:34 -0400

On  5-May-2008, Michael Goffioul wrote:

| On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Michael Goffioul
| <address@hidden> wrote:
| >  [Just a small note]
| >
| >  I did a final merge between the current graphics archive and the
| >  octave archive. At the same time, I applied the graphics MQ to
| >  a freshly cloned octave archive. Both resulting archives perfectly
| >  matches from source point of view (except ChangeLog's, but
| >  that's normal). I still have to try to compile the MQ-patched
| >  archive, but I'm quite confident that it will succeed.
| >
| >  To get this perfect match, I had to update a few patches.
| >  I pushed the changesets on the octave-graphics-merge archive.
|
| I could finally recompile completely octave, using the MQ for
| the graphics changes. Everything seems fine (except some test
| failures, but I doubt this has anything to do with the graphics
| code).
|
| So I suggest that:
| Shai - we start using the MQ for future development
| John - you start merging the qpatches

I merged all except

  mkoctfile_cpp
  mkoctfile_cpp_cleanup_o_files

This merge represents a lot of work done by you and Shai, so thanks!
I think we are well on our way to having much better control over
plotting now.

I've noticed a few problems, but I thought it would be best to get the
code merged, then work on fixing the things I noticed.  I'll work on
fixing the things I can, or post questions in separate threads.

Thanks,