Dropping address@hidden

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Dropping address@hidden
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 21:35:32 -0400

On 22-Jun-2008, Thomas Weber wrote:

| Hi,
|
| comparing the archive of the graphics list with Nabble, it seems that quite
| some mails don't appear on Octave's archive.
|
| Are mails sent to octave-graphics still coming through? Otherwise, the mail
| address should probably just dropped, so that users use the user's list for
| their questions.
|
| https://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-graphics/
| http://www.nabble.com/Octave---Graphics-f1898.html
|
| Note that there's not a single message for 2008 in Octave's archives.

The graphics and sources lists are already dead, they are just not
buried yet.  This is noted in the "Obsolete Mailing Lists" section of
the page http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/archive.html.

Also, the graphics list was never for questions.  It was intended to
be used as a place to discuss the future development of graphics and
GUI features in Octave.

When messages are sent to the graphics list now, I usually try to
reject the messages with a note that the list is no longer active and
that discussions about Octave development belong on the maintainers
list and help requests should be posted to the help list.  Eventually
the list will stop working.

When messages are posted to the sources list, I try to encourage
people to contribute code to the Octave Forge project, or directly to
Octave, depending on the type of contribution.