Re: Configuring the latest default hg on OSX

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Configuring the latest default hg on OSX
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 07:04:51 -0400

On Jul 1, 2008, at 6:20 AM, c. wrote:

Ben,

On 01/lug/08, at 01:40, Ben Abbott wrote:

Just a quick note ...

I tried a simple plot using the fltk backend on OSX 10.5.4 using fltk-aqua (v 1.1.7).

I think fltk-aqua 1.1.7 is VERY buggy, I just compiled 1.1.9 and everything
works much better.

I agree, that was my experieince as well..

A graph window showed up but is was unresponsive (as was Octave after that). There as some mention of "ca nan" or such. I tried ctrl-C and was rewarded with a seg-fault.

I'm guessing that fltk must be newer than 1.1.7 or the Fink's aqua version is not completely functional.

I've contacted the maintainer of fltk-aqua for the Fink package manager. When time permits, he'll update fltk to a more recent version.

I see no reason why Fink should stay stuck at 1.1.7 as the stable release is 1.1.9 and
has been out for quite a while.
Unfortunalely I am not expert in the debian/fink package format, but
in case this is of help to the fink team, compilation of 1.1.9 was extremely easy:

I contacted the Fink's maintainer for flkt-aqua. Alexander Hansen is working on updating Fink's version

LDFLAGS="-L/sw/lib" CPPFLAGS="-I/sw/include" DSOFLAGS="-L/sw/lib" ./ configure --prefix=/opt/fltk/1.1.9 --enable-threads --enable-shared --enable-largefile --enable-quartz
make
make install

all tests work fine except those that are expected to fail.
I would be glad to give further help if needed but I think in that case we should move
the discussion to some fink mailing list

Ben

c.