Re: imread

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: imread
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 22:38:39 +0200

tir, 01 07 2008 kl. 12:41 -0400, skrev Thomas Scofield:
> I have modified imread to use GraphicsMagick libraries in place of
> ImageMagick ones.  The version of imread I worked from is the one
> in the latest stable(?) release from octave-forge, not the one
> in development.  (I'm not yet admitted to the developers list.)

Great to see somebody take on this task :-)
I don't think there has been any changes to imread/write in a while so
it's probably fine to use the version in the latest 'image' package. But
even if you don't have a developers account for Octave Forge, you can do
a check out of the SVN -- you just can't check things in.

> So, just how and to whom should I submit the changed files for review
> by others?

If you're looking for code reviews, I think it's okay to simply post the
source code on this list. I don't think you're modifying any files in
Octave, so I'm guessing it's okay if you don't send a changeset at first
(when you have the final version ready, a changeset will probably be
required...)

Søren