Re: Problem with dbstep

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Problem with dbstep
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 12:22:54 +0200

John Swensen wrote:
> First, I have to say that being able to step a line at a time is
> awesome.  However, Octave crashes when you try to dbstep past the end
> of a file.
>
> test.m
> --------
> function a = test(b)
>
> a=1*b;
> a = 2*b;
> a=3*b;
>

> octave:1> dbstop('test',3);
> octave:2> a=test(1)
> debug> dbstep
> <segfault occurs>

Looking at the backtrace I assume that this is with a recent HG build..
Note that there were changes commited to the repository yesterday that
relate to these aspects. However, just testing this example it crashes
before and after applying these changes.

The fix is clearly that the pt-bp.h (MAYBE_DO_BREAKPOINT) macro has to
recognize that ta function is returning and not break or decrement its
counters. However, I'm not sure how that should be implemented. JWE what
is the means to check whether a function is returning in this macro?

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary