Re: imread

From: Thomas L. Scofield
Subject: Re: imread
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 17:23:13 -0400

I'll soon be ready to submit modified versions of the files I sent before related to imread() so that now they (hopefully) follow Octave coding conventions.  The next question is how do you want me to do it.  Jaroslav Hajek's instructions were

  hg clone http://www.octave.org/hg/octave
  cd octave
  # change some sources...
  hg commit -m "make Octave the coolest software ever"
  hg export ../cool.diff
  # send ../cool.diff via email

Is this what you want me to do.  (I might as well figure out what to do now, I suppose.)  If so, where should these files go in the "directory tree" (they have not been part of Octave before)---this, I suppose, will influence where I record a changeset.

His instructions say "The ChangeLog entries should describe what is changed, not why.  The reason of the change should appear in the commit message."  Is the "commit message" something generated by mercurial, or is it a message I write and send to the maintainers list?

Thomas Scofield

On Jul 10, 2008, at 1:31 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Thomas Scofield <address@hidden> wrote:

| These comments pertain to lines of code which were there before I began
| working on imread().  Nevertheless, reading through messages to
| octave-maintainers has made me aware that there are code conventions,
| at least for code that goes into core Octave, and I am happy to make
| such changes.

Are you working on that now, or should I check in your current version
of the code with the understanding that someone will clean it up later
(I could possibly do some of that as I review it).

jwe

Thomas L. Scofield
Associate Professor
Calvin College