Re: Octave 3.1.50 available for ftp

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Octave 3.1.50 available for ftp
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 21:43:20 +0200

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 9:32 PM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov
<address@hidden> wrote:
> octave:1> input_event_hook ("__fltk_redraw__");
> octave:2> error: /home/dima/src/octave-3.1.50/src/fltk_backend.oct:
> undefined symbol: _ZTV15opengl_renderer
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'octave_execution_exception'
> panic: Aborted -- stopping myself...
> Aborted
>
> Do I need a special FLTK  - GL library? configure did not complain....

No. I think the problem is simply that the octave package does not
contain the source file gl-render.cc. However, you also need FTGL
and because of this missing dependency, the configure script just
didn't include the OpenGL renderer in the compilation.

Michael.