Re: FTGL.h not found

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: FTGL.h not found
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:14:58 +0200

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 5:02 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> The funny thing is that the ftgl.h file is not actually included
> directly in any Octave source files.  But we need to know about the
> header file to write the test becuase it is in C++, so we have to get
> the declaration right to find out whether the library exists with the
> required functionality.  But looking at this, I don't see how it is
> supposed to work to enable text.  Shai or Michael, can you explain?
> How can simply linking with a library enable a feature?  Are we
> missing some code to use the ftgl library and enable text?

Yes. There's currently no code using FTGL, but the goal is of
course to have some. Shai just started to write the configure
checks first, before writing some code. Unfortunately, he's
quite unavailable these weeks, so the code using FTGL
didn't appear yet. Until there's some actual code using FTGL,
I suggest that you simply disable the FTGL test in configure
script. You can leave the test and produce a warning, but this
shouldn't prevent from compiling the OpenGL renderer or the
FLTK backend.

Michael.