imwrite

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: imwrite
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 13:28:44 -0400

I've checked in a new imwrite.m function for Octave.  This function is
a new implementation, independent of the imwrite function from Octave
Forge.  Instead of using shell commands, this function does argument
processing and eventually calls the internal C++ function
__magick_write__ to do the real work using GraphicsMagick++.  Things
like

  img = imread ("foo.jpg");
  imwrite ("foo.png");

now work, but a number of other things do not.  Now that the basic
structure is in place, I'm hoping that someone else can finish up the
missing bits and submit a patch.

Thanks,