Re: Removing control, finance and quaternion toolboxes

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Removing control, finance and quaternion toolboxes
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 17:36:39 +0200

John W. Eaton wrote:
| I also have the patch that
| | * adds these functions to octave
| * Changes the copyrights to remove all mention to the functions being a
| apart of Octave itself
| * Recover any documentation that was part of Octave and ensure that it
| builds and is packaged.
| | You can get this patch at | | http://www.fladenmuller.org/octave/of_patch.bz2 | | as it is also very large.. I don't want to apply this patch to
| octave-forge till then next octave-forge release after which we can
| convert octave-forge for use with an upcoming 3.2.0 release.

OK.  When do you expect to do a new octave-forge release?  If it will
be a while, then perhaps I should temporarily include these packages
in the Octave source tree.
Well it really depends on the 3.2 release schedule.. You're talking a couple of months, so it probably makes sense to have one more octave-forge release for 3.0.x, probably at the time you release 3.0.2 and then convert everything to support 3.1.x, and at that point these toolboxes can be added to octave-forge.. If you think its an issue that these toolboxes aren't available somewhere I suppose we can branch octave-forge now and apply the patch for these toolboxes on the branch, though I think it makes sense to avoid that if possible due to the division of work needed to support both trees.

Regards
David

Motorola Labs - Paris +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph) Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob) 91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax) The information contained in this communication has been classified as: [x] General Business Information [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary