Re: List of most highly used matlab functions.

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: List of most highly used matlab functions.
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:23:02 -0400

On 29-Jul-2008, Eric Chassande-Mottin wrote:

| I have found few pointers to codes that might help:
|
| bvp Multi-point boundary value problem solver for Python
| http://www.elisanet.fi/ptvirtan/software/bvp/index.html

This cites COLNEW (Ascher and Bader), which is really ancient software
available on netlib but covered by the ACM non-commercial-use license,
so it is not compatible with the GPL.

| bvode - boundary value problems for ODE

http://www.afs.enea.it/software/scilab/scilab-usermanual-directory/nonlinear/bvode.htm

This also cites Ascher and Bader.

Also, the license of Scilab itself does not appear to be compatible
with the GPL.