Re: imread/imwrite and other issues

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: imread/imwrite and other issues
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 21:43:51 -0400

Thomas L. Scofield wrote:
Oops! Concerning imread with png files, what I said about DOF was not accurate. A png image stored in matrix A
with 4 channels has

  size(A)(3) = 4

so one needs to "lock out" the 4th channel for imshow with something like

  imshow (A(:, :, 1:3))

This is just ignorance, but can imshow not produce an image with transparency? If not, is there a reason not? I'm imagining a case where I may want to change the background color of the axis before exporting a figure or similar.

Have a good day,

Bill