Re: arrayfun.m reworked

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: arrayfun.m reworked
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 08:47:51 +0200

> Thomas Treichl wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have finished reworking arrayfun - finally I decided to find the bug
> > in arrayfun.m and not to send my arrayun.cc here. And thanks to David
> > for having a look at the cellfun problems I have had ;)
> >
> > You have been right John, my implementation arrayfun.cc is still
> > slower then the current implementation because I used the C++ subsref
> > and subsasgn methods for all types of input arguments.
> >
> > The attached changeset includes the following changes to arrayfun.m:
> >  - created new help text
> >  - fixed bug in arrayfun function
> >  - added a lot of test to check my compatibility needs
> >
> > I hope it is good enough to be included into the default development
> > branch.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >   Thomas
> >
> > PS. I have created a similiar large testset for cellfun, should I
> > prepare a patch for this or is this some kind of overshooting?
> Wow, that's a lot of tests.  Out of curiosity, was the bug that it would
> send an empty cell when it shouldn't?
>
> Have a good day,
>
> Bill

Hi Bill,

an error occured if the function was called with the string option values
'UniformOutput' or 'ErrorHandler', it didn't matter which value for one of
these options was set. Then I saw something like octave_base_value::cell_value
invalid conversion (if I remember correctly). The other changes in the
changeset just are there because of replacements of tabs with spaces ;)

Regards,

  Thomas