Re: imread (repost)

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: imread (repost)
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 22:50:18 +0200

tir, 05 08 2008 kl. 10:35 -0400, skrev Thomas L. Scofield:
> That's not the kind of modification I was suggesting for imshow.  I
> was suggesting this much simpler change (pseudocode):
>

>   if (length (size (image)) == 3 && size (image, 3) == 4)
>     show image(:, :, 1:3)
>   else
>     show image
>   endif

I can only see the point of this behaviour if 'imread' actually returns
NxMx3 arrays. The way I understand the matlab documentation is that
'imread' can return a 'MxNx3' array plus a 'MxN' alpha array. If
'imread' works that way then I don't see the point of a change to
'imshow'.

But hey, I don't have that strong feelings about what the "right
solution (TM)" is -- my only fear is that I someday by accident try to
show an MxNx4 array and don't notice the fourth dimension because I
can't see it.

Søren