Re: failed checks for mingw32 build in octave 3.0.0/3.0.1

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: failed checks for mingw32 build in octave 3.0.0/3.0.1
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 23:41:04 +0200

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Benjamin Lindner <address@hidden> wrote:
> in bitcmp.m:
> !!!!! test failed
> error: assert (bitcmp (A, Amax),bitor (bitshift (1, Amax - 1), bitshift (1,
> Amax - 2))) expected
>  6.7554e+15
> but got
>  1.1259e+16
> values do not match
> shared variables {
>  Amax =  53
>  Bmax =  9.0072e+15
>  A =  2.2518e+15
> }

I used to get the same failure under MSVC, but it has been fixed a
couple of months ago. Unfortunately, I can't remember what was
the actual cause of the problem and where it was fixed in the code.

You can try to browse the mailing list or if anybody does remember
the fix... (I think it was John or David).

Michael.