Re: failed checks for mingw32 build in octave 3.0.0/3.0.1

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: failed checks for mingw32 build in octave 3.0.0/3.0.1
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:20:04 +0900 (JST)

Hello Michael and Benjamin

I remember the sistuation.
This error comes from  round function on gcc on mingw.
Please see the successive threds.

http://www.nabble.com/Octave-3.0.1-available-for-ftp-to16817195.html#a16826829

I have reported it to mingw team but the fix seems attached the latest gcc.
When using the not latest mingw gcc, please see:

http://www.nabble.com/Octave-3.0.1-available-for-ftp-to16817195.html#a16826829

Regards

Tatsuro

--- Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Benjamin Lindner <address@hidden> wrote:
> > in bitcmp.m:
> > !!!!! test failed
> > error: assert (bitcmp (A, Amax),bitor (bitshift (1, Amax - 1), bitshift (1,
> > Amax - 2))) expected
> >  6.7554e+15
> > but got
> >  1.1259e+16
> > values do not match
> > shared variables {
> >  Amax =  53
> >  Bmax =  9.0072e+15
> >  A =  2.2518e+15
> > }
>
> I used to get the same failure under MSVC, but it has been fixed a
> couple of months ago. Unfortunately, I can't remember what was
> the actual cause of the problem and where it was fixed in the code.
>
> You can try to browse the mailing list or if anybody does remember
> the fix... (I think it was John or David).
>
> Michael.

For All Sports Lovers! SPORTS OHEN PROJECT 2008
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/yells/