Re: release 3.0.2 again

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: release 3.0.2 again
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:40:31 +0200

Jaroslav Hajek schrieb:
I also read the rest of this thread about recreating the tarball or not
because of bugs. I here agree with Soren - there are so many platforms that
we try to support all at once - has there ever been one Octave tarball where
no bug and no missing feature was found after it was released? Further, on
every platform we have several choices of using the actual 3.0.2 version or
3.0.1 or 3.0.0, eg. Octave.app 3.0.1 has the bug that the -path option from
command line never worked - the user has the choice to find a workaround
from command line for 3.0.1 or he still goes on with 3.0.0 and later checks
if 3.0.2 solves his problem. I vote for "to include the fix for the 3.0.3
release that you want to make at the end of September"...

Thanks for the effort. I also don't think that releases should be
delayed over and over due to bugs. But I decided to include this
trivial fix because it does not actually invalidate builds already
made and it was really omitted by accident.

Next time, I shall announce a "call for builds" state before actually
creating the release.

Hi again,

I've got bad news, I'm sorry for that. But the same '--path' option problem still exists in 3.0.2 as in 3.0.1. Not always, ie. if I start up Octave with the --no-initial-path option and also add a --path option then it works, in all other cases --path does not work resp. the path is not added. I can remember that this problem somewhen was solved (or was it just solved for the default-branch, I can't remember anymore). Can somebody else please check this, I don't think this is a Mac-only problem?!

  Thomas