Re: submitting changesets (was imwrite)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: submitting changesets (was imwrite)
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:53:04 -0400

On 25-Aug-2008, Shai Ayal wrote:

| How about zipping the changeset, then attaching it? it would be a binary
| attachment but using unzip it would be easy to extract. it should solve the
| mangling issue by hiding the fact that this is text from all mailers
| involved

No, please don't do that.  I read my mail in and apply changesets
directly from Emacs, so adding this unzip step would make that process
much harder.

I prefer text/plain attachments for changesets, but if you can't get
your mailer to do that, then an "application/octet-stream" (i.e.,
binary file attachment) is OK.