Re: axes limit calculations

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: axes limit calculations
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:54:23 +0300

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

On Aug 28, 2008, at 7:22 AM, Shai Ayal wrote:

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

However, switching to fltk appears to work ... well  almost. The plot doesn't render properly.

Can you elaborate on how it renders?

Perhaps a picture says it best?

octave:30> close all
octave:31> backend('fltk')
octave:32> x = 0:10;
octave:33> plot(x)

To underlying windows each contribute to the result in a rather strange way. The resulting figure includes various sections of my email client, and some things I don't recognize. In addition the following line is displayed in the terminal.

octave:34> ca=nan

A picture is attached.

This looks like an OpenGL and/or fltk problem. The best way to debug this would be to run the ftlk-opengl test programs gl_overlay and glpuzzle and see if they work. You should have them in the test subdir of the fltk sources. If you did not install fltk from source it's a problem :(

Another possible solution: I know than on OSX, after compiling a fltk app, you should run

ftlk-config --post application_exe_file

on your application_exe_file. I am not sure what is the exe file here -- octave or the fltk_backend.oct file. Maybe you should try both. Also, you can just look at fltk-config (it's a bash script)  and see what --post does (in my linux PC it does nothing)

Shai