Re: return type of surfc for MatlabR2008a or later

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: return type of surfc for MatlabR2008a or later
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 10:39:49 -0400

On Sep 1, 2008, at 5:44 AM, David Bateman wrote:

a1 =
   'surface'
   'patch'
   'patch'
   'patch'
   'patch'
   'patch'
   'patch'
   'patch'
   'patch'
   'patch'
   'patch'
   'patch'
   'patch'

This is the same output as earlier versions of Matlab. Are you sure this is Matlab 2008a? If so it means that the surfc plotting command doesn't return a group object like all of the other commands and that therefore it won't work with the new linkdata command of matlab. I'd consider this a bug in matlab if this was 2008a...

Ok, assuming that this is the output of 2008a, I'd implement it how it makes sense to me and fix it later when matlab gets their act together.

I get the same result as Ben Hall did with 2008a.

Ben