RE: [OctDev] [Changeset] Re: Java calling Octave via JNI

From: Martin.Hepperle
Subject: RE: [OctDev] [Changeset] Re: Java calling Octave via JNI
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 13:46:18 +0200

Hello all,

after some further experimentation I have given up this route.
I guess that there is some version conflict between C++ runtime
DLLs which I could not resolve.  My DLL was able to load the
octave DLLs, but when Octave tried to load its .oct libraries,
which seem to be DLLs under Windows, it was unable to load
them with LoadLibrary() ("cannot find library..., but the
complete path is given, correct and the .oct library is there).
I was using VS 2005 for my C-Java interface DLL which should be
compatible with the Octave DLLS, but it may be that there is a
conflict with differenr runtime libraries.
I did not want to recompile the whole Octave system.

So I switched to the less elegant but workable way of running
octave.exe and connecting to its stdin and stdout streams.
For this I have replaced my test implementation with the basic
but well structured solution from the packages dk.ange.octave
which I had found at https://launchpad.net/javaoctave.

Thank you for your help,
Martin