Re: Sharing the savannah hg archive (was: Re: Savannah server unreliable

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: Sharing the savannah hg archive (was: Re: Savannah server unreliable?)
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 12:51:35 +0200

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 4:26 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:

> The savannah site also allows pushing via ssh if you are a member of
> the Octave project on Savannah (that part of the hg setup on savannah
> seems to be more reliable, and was working for me even when the public
> http access was not).  Perhaps it is time to allow multiple users to
> push to the public archive on savannah?  That would maybe streamline
> the installation of patches?  However, if we do this, I think we need
> some ground rules about who can push without approval, how ChangeLog
> entries should be handled (or even whether we should continue to use
> them), etc.
>
> Comments?
>
> jwe

A small note regarding ChangeLogs:
I now use a patched copy of Mercurial, that recognizes an option
`changelogmask =' in the [diff] section. When a file that matches this
glob mask is being diffed, and the new revision exactly matches the
old one plus some prepended lines (by far the most common case with
ChangeLogs), only the prepended lines are dumped (i.e. a contextless
diff). This makes much more changesets to apply smoothly when
transplanting or exporting/importing. If anyone is interested, I can
share the patch.

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert