Re: sabbatical project

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: sabbatical project
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 21:27:08 +0200

Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
For the less mathematical tasks I still believe the tree walker
evaluator class

This may not be the best place, but can you please clue me what a tree
walker should do?

The way the visitor methods of the tree_walker class are evaluated, there can only be a single method that is evaluated. It would be good if the evaluation process of the tree might be rewritten such that the visitor methods might be overloaded dynamically. In particular the profiler might be written as a instrumented wrapper to the existing visitor methods in this manner.

There was a discussion between John and Muthu about this about a year or so ago on the lists..

Cheers
David