Re: octave 3.0.2 on cygwin with gcc-4.3.2

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: octave 3.0.2 on cygwin with gcc-4.3.2
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 08:58:14 +0200 (CEST)

--- Tatsuro MATSUOKA ha scritto:

> Hello¡¡Marco

Hi Tatsuro,

> You have been already prepared octave 3.0.2-2 on
> cygwin with gcc-4.3.2-1.
> Perhaps the mirror site is a little slow to catch up
> with your latest version.

I am requesting to upload 3.0.2-2 as experimental,
as gcc-4 for cygwin is still in infant phase.
As soon as the compiler will be stabilized, I will
build only one version.

This allows anyone to compare the two builds

current:      3.0.2-1 built with gcc-3
experimental: 3.0.2-2 built with gcc-4

In any case the the gcc-4 looks solid

 src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/rand.cc PASS   56/57   FAIL 1
(and we know why)

  PASS   3931
  FAIL      1

> Therefore the role of my binary should be finished.
> I will close my cygwin distribution page in the near
> future.
>
> So I will introduce the binary of gunplot 4.3 (cvs)
> which enable us to use mouse zooming from the
> octave.
>
> Regards
>
> Tatsuro

Thanks for your efforts