Re: Using TeX notation in xlabel makes the title of the figure change to

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Using TeX notation in xlabel makes the title of the figure change to Greek font
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:59:38 -0500

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Thomas Weber
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I asked this once already: is there anybody who knows where to get
> Helvetica as truetype font?

You have to pay money to get true Helvetica, but one can use
some knock-offs. E.g. LiberationSans.
Gnuplot would use ttf2pt1 utility on the fly to convert truetype
font to type 1 and embed it into postscript.

Of course now we would have problem with Windows and other Macs,
who can use Arial (I think Mac has truetype Helvetica font actually).

So it looks to me we need to have an option to specify default font
either at compile or run time (preferred).

It looks to me that

set (gcf(), 'DefaultTextFontName', 'myfont')

does not set defaults for [xy]label e.g...

> [1] Yes, sorry, but I wasn't aware that this just creates a different
> sort of problem.
>
>        Thomas

Dmitri.

p.s. X-posting to maintainers list