Re: A good OOP class to use for example in the manual?

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: A good OOP class to use for example in the manual?
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:27:57 +0200

Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 11:09 PM, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
I still have a couple of issues with the OOP code in Octave, and am looking
at

* Ability to load/save classes, including saveobj and loadobj methods
* get dbstop to work in class methods

but apart from that I'm pretty much ready put some words to paper (or rather
bits to a file) for the OOP documentation for the 3.2 release. I wrote a
fairly complete Galois field GF(2^M) class just to try and find out how all
of this stuff was put together. However, this class seems a bit complex as
the stuff about primitive polynomials of the field are added details that
most users really don't need to know. Does anyone have an idea of a good
example class that might be used that

1) Demonstrates all details of the OOP code
2) Is relatively simple
3) Has some basically useful function

What about quaternions?

That would probably be quite a good choice. Want to help write the examples ;-)

D.