Re: FSF High Priority List

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: FSF High Priority List
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 18:03:52 +0200

fre, 03 10 2008 kl. 09:13 +0100, skrev David Bateman:
> Søren Hauberg wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >   I just saw that Octave has made the FSF High Priority List:
> > http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/priority.html#gnuoctave
> > That's pretty encouraging!
> >
> That seems to me to be more or less a political/philosophical statement.

Well, yeah, that's what the FSF do :-) I have gratis access to Matlab,
so I'm definitely here for the Freedom. So, I appreciate such political
statements :-)

> It might help visibility and perhaps code contributions, but we'll see :-)

It also might help when looking for funding. Then we can say, that the
Free Software Foundation considers GNU Octave to be a very high priority
project -- that sounds pretty good (at least to me)

Søren