Re: Compatible plotyy and colorbar (or Confusion about Position, OuterPo

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Compatible plotyy and colorbar (or Confusion about Position, OuterPosition and ActivePositionProperty)
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 21:25:31 -0400

On Oct 12, 2008, at 3:35 PM, David Bateman wrote:

However, the confusion about the Position, OuterPosition and ActivePositionProperty remains in the sense that the intelligence to calculate the size of the plot to allow for the axis labels, etc isn't in Octave and so its possible to make the plots label either fall outside the boundaries of the plot. At some point, we'll need to add this intelligence to Octave.

Regards
David

I'm not familiar with Octave's c++, but suspect this job will be easier to manage if the "ActivePositionProperty" were to automatically switch between "position" and "outerposition" as it does with Matlab.

Meaning that if the ActivePositionProperty == "outerposition" and the axes position is set the, ActivePositionProperty is then implicitly set to "position".

... and vice versa.

For me Octave's inconsistency in following Matlab's example produced a great deal of confusion ... until a few days ago, I was under the impression that I couldn't change the position of an axes from the m- file side :-(

Ben