Array<T> cleanup?

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Array<T> cleanup?
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 13:55:10 +0200

Hello,

I have a couple of questions about the current Octave sources.

1. what is the purpose of Array<T>::set_index and stuff? It seems to
me that it is only used in the assign functions. Perhaps a relic of an
old attempt for lazy indexing?
Other indexing functions (index and maybe_delete_elements) do not use
Array<T>::idx but pass the indices as arguments. Unless I'm
overlooking something, I'd suggest making the assign functions member
functions and pass the indices as arguments.

2. There seems to be several of orphaned header files in liboctave,
namely Bounds.h, Bounds.cc, LinConst.h, LP.h, QP.h, NLP.h FEGrid.h...
these header sources are included in build process (sometimes only
headers), but not used anywhere.
qp and sqp are provided by m-files, linear programming by glpk. And I
intend to supply an m-file implementation of fsolve, that will make
MINPACK obsolete, along with NLEqn.h, NLEqn.cc and NLConst.h. FEGrid
seems unrelated to anything in Octave.
Is there any reason to keep these files around?

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert