Using @verbatiminclude in a macro with a file with a "@" in its name

From: David Bateman
Subject: Using @verbatiminclude in a macro with a file with a "@" in its name
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:58:07 +0100

Dear All,

I'm trying the write some documentation for Octave and in particular for the OOP features that mimic the similar features in Matlab. Mathworks, in their wisdom, chose to require that all class methods must be in a directory whose first character is an "@" character. For example the constructor method of an OOP class "test" would be found in the directory "@test/test.m".

Now this causes me some pain when I try to document this in the Octave manual using texinfo, and in particular with pdfetex. Basically, I have a set of example code in a directory "@test" that I'd like to create a macro to allow it to be included directly in the Octave manual. An example texinfo file "test.texi" might be

\input texinfo

@macro classfile{file}
@example
@group
@verbatiminclude @@test/\file\
@end group
@end example
@end macro

@classfile{hello}

@bye

where the file "@test/hello" contain a single line with "hello". I can then run

makeinfo --plaintext test.texi

and get the desired results. However, I can not run

pdfetex test.texi

I've tried multiple different manners of writing the above and have not found any means to get pdfetex to include files in a directory starting with a "@" character. I've looked through the texinfo manual and couldn't get any idea how to address this.. Could you help me with a possible solution to this issue?

Regards
David

Motorola Labs - Paris +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph) Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob) 91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax) The information contained in this communication has been classified as: [x] General Business Information [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary