Re: Problem with Ben's change to preserve axis propers when used with co

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Problem with Ben's change to preserve axis propers when used with colorbars
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:37:55 -0400

On Thursday, October 16, 2008, at 09:50AM, "David Bateman" <address@hidden>
wrote:
>David Bateman wrote:
>> Ok, then the proper place to do this is in
>>
>> graphics.cc (void axes::properties::set_defaults
>> (base_graphics_object&, const std::string&))
>>
>> and in fact there is already a comment there to that effect. I.E.
>>
>>  // FIXME -- this is not quite right; we should preserve
>>  // "position" and "units".
>>
>> I'll take a look and see if I can create a fix that preserves the axes
>> properties, but after the deletion callbacks are run.
>>
>> D.
>>

>The change is relative simple and attached. Can you confirm that this
>addresses your issues, and if so I'll commit it, as it addresses the
>case like
>
>pcolor(peaks()); colorbar(); pause(1); plot(1:10)
>
>Regards
>David

I've attempted a manual application of you patch (as it did not apply for me
--- EOL problems no doubt).

My colorbar is not scaled properly. When I do ...

octave:31> contourf(peaks)
octave:32> colorbar

... the colorbar image is twice as wide as the axis, but ...

octave:33> set(h,'xlim',[-.5 1.5])

... after changing the limits for the colorbar axes, all looks correct. Do you
see this as well, or did I make an error in my application of your changeset?

Ben