Re: Problem with Ben's change to preserve axis propers when used with co

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Problem with Ben's change to preserve axis propers when used with colorbars
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 17:03:52 +0100

John W. Eaton wrote:
It seems to work properly for me after the patch, though I find it
somewhat strange that

  pcolor (peaks ()); colorbar ();

produces the first attached plot.

I would expect the colorbar to have the same height as the pcolor
plot.  It seems to work correctly for the contourf case as shown in
the second attached plot.

Is this difference caused by splot vs. plot in gnuplot or is it
something that we could control without too much effort?
Yes it is splot versus plot.. Basically the 3D plot from splot with the view for pcolor is such that we can't control the size of the plot correctly. I don't think there is much that we can do, if we keep the pcolor as a surface plot with a particular view. Changing it to an image would fix it, but wouldn't be compatible.

See as you say the patch is Ok, I just pushed it to Savannah.

Regards
David

Motorola Labs - Paris +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph) Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob) 91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax) The information contained in this communication has been classified as: [x] General Business Information [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary