Re: automated (or otherwise) tests for graphics code?

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: automated (or otherwise) tests for graphics code?
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 21:12:36 +0100

Thomas Weber wrote:
On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 01:45:02PM -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:
We seem to be having a lot of regressions in the graphics code
lately, so maybe it is time to start thinking of some way to provide
tests for these functions.  Unfortunately, I don't have any good way
to do automatic tests for most of the graphics functions since the
results are visual.

Is this the new backend or the gnuplot one?

It seems gnuplot produces identical images (md5sum matches) for
identical input.
        Thomas

Hummm, that will make development harder though as any change to the commands sent to gnuplot for any reason might result in a slightly different plot, and so a spurious failure. There is still a need for some intervention in these cases.. Though perhaps the md5sum with png images might be a reasonable solution..

D.

35 rue Gambetta                              +33 1 46 04 02 18 (Home)
92100 Boulogne-Billancourt FRANCE            +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob)