Re: [OctDev] how someone can help improving tests

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: [OctDev] how someone can help improving tests
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 08:54:57 +0200

fre, 17 10 2008 kl. 05:47 +0000, skrev address@hidden:
> I know this chapter about tests.
> But I didn't know what exactly happens wenn I enter "make check".
> I didn't found something about this in the manual or somewhere on
> the homepage. Analysing the makefiles seems to be the first
> barrier to starting with writing tests.

To be honest, I don't really know what 'make check' does, but I do know
that it somehow runs the tests embedded in the sources. And for me,
that's enough information. So, all you need to contribute tests, is to
add them as described in the Chapter David mentioned, and then they will
be executed. Yeah, I know it's nice to know what's going on, but in this
case, you really don't need that information (I know, since I don't have
the information either)

Søren