Re: @ref into @seealso

From: Thorsten Meyer
Subject: Re: @ref into @seealso
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 23:20:17 +0200

Hi,

John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 21-Oct-2008, Thorsten Meyer wrote:
>
> | Actually, I think it should not all be done in one program:
> | As far as I understand, the techinfo command @ref does not only need the
> | name of the anchor it points to but also the name of the file, where it
> | can be found. That means, that whatever program expands the @seealso
> | commands has to know in which txi-file the individual function
> | descriptions are to be found.
>
> I'm not sure that's correct.  All the .txi files are simply included
> in the overall octave.texi file which is used to generate a single
> octave.info (or .pdf or ...) file.  So I think all references would be
> of the form
>
>   @ref{ANCHOR,,FCN,octave}

You are right. Sorry, I concluded too quickly that the reason my first
experiment with hacking the DOCSTRINGS didn't work out was missing
references to info files. The actual reason for this seems to have been
a bug in makeinfo: the references to anchors named "doc-something" do
not work in the html output (the - generates the problem). I filed a bug
report to the texinfo bug mailing list.

regards

Thorsten Meyer