Re: h = gca; delete(h); h==gca -> ans=1

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: h = gca; delete(h); h==gca -> ans=1
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 18:50:42 -0400

On Oct 22, 2008, at 2:59 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On 22-Oct-2008, Ben Abbott wrote:

| While this could be fixed in gca.m I'm sure it is better to take care of it at a lower level.
|
| octave:102> plot(1:10)
| octave:103> gca
| ans = -21.032
| octave:104> delete(gca)
| octave:105> gca
| ans = -21.032

I think the following changeset fixes this problem.

Thanks,

jwe

Thanks, that works.

However,

        octave:8> h = gcf; delete(h); h==gcf
        ans = 1

I also noticed in Matlab

        >> gco
        ans =  []

but in Octave

        octave:9> gco
        error: `gco' undefined near line 9 column 1

I have no c++ skill, but I'll go out on a limb and ask if gca() & gcf() might be cast as special instances of gco()?

Sorry I didn't mention any of this earlier, but I didn't think about these parallels until my drive home from work.

Ben