Re: h = gca; delete(h); h==gca -> ans=1

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: h = gca; delete(h); h==gca -> ans=1
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 19:56:56 -0400

On Oct 22, 2008, at 7:51 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On 22-Oct-2008, John W. Eaton wrote:

| On 22-Oct-2008, Ben Abbott wrote:
|
| |     octave:9> gco
| |     error: `gco' undefined near line 9 column 1
| |
| | I have no c++ skill, but I'll go out on a limb and ask if gca() &
| | gcf() might be cast as special instances of gco()?
|
| I don't know whether that makes sense.

I'll also add that I don't know how we would implement gco since it is
supposed to return the "current object" which the Matlab docs define
as "the last object clicked on, excluding uimenus".  With the gnuplot
backend, we don't get any information back about any mouse events that
happen in the figure window, so I don't see what we would return.  I
assume that we can eventually make this function work for the
OpenGL-based backend.

jwe

ok, I got the context of gco completely wrong.

I'm sure my question makes no sense ;-)

Ben