Re: Plotting status in Octave

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Plotting status in Octave
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 11:37:33 -0500

2008/10/23 Michael Goffioul <address@hidden>:
> you can also type
>
> backend('fltk');

So, uhm... I know talk is cheap without me coding for it, but... why
fltk? It produces ugly widgets, while Qt produces native-looking
widgets. I can just imagine the Mac users complaining about plotting
in Octave because the widgets look ugly. :-/ Qt does have a huge set
of dependencies, though, plus all that weird macro hackery. Did you
choose fltk because it's lightweight, or because it integrates nicely
with OpenGL, or why?

Take my questions with a grain of salt unless they come with code. ;-)

- Jordi G. H.