Re: Built-in variables documentation

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Built-in variables documentation
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 16:07:07 +0100

tor, 30 10 2008 kl. 10:05 -0400, skrev John W. Eaton:
> | 2) Move the descriptions of the built-in functions to different
> | chapters, i.e. move the 'page_screen_output' description to Chapter 14
> | [Input and Output].
> |
> | Personally, I prefer the second solution. Any alternative solutions or
> | opinions?
>
> Yes, the second option is probably good.  Does it matter that there
> would no longer be a single list of all the functions that can be used
> to customize Octave's behavior?

Okay, that was easy. All the ex-variables was already mentioned in the
respective chapters. So, I just had to remove the list. I've changed the
part of the text that mentions the 'ans' variable. Changeset attached.

> | Also, we have "Variable Index" at the end of the manual. Perhaps that
> | should just be removed now, that almost all variables have been removed?
>
> Yes, it could be removed.  The only variable that I think we have now
> is "ans", and that could be moved to the concept index.  Are there any
> others?

Arrghh, I forgot about that part in my changeset. I'll send an extra
changeset in a while, that removes the variable index, and move any
"left-over" variables to the concept index.

Søren