Re: help in modifying __qp__.cc

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: help in modifying __qp__.cc
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 17:37:55 +0100

man, 03 11 2008 kl. 11:12 -0500, skrev John W. Eaton:
> After giving this some more thought and looking at the __glpk__.cc
> file, it might be best to create another level of abstraction that we
> can add to liboctave.  At the very least, it would probably be good to
> have a function like
>
>   ColumnVector
>   glpk (const ColumnVector& c, const Matrix& C, const ColumnVector& d,
>         const glpk_options& opt);

This isn't really my field, so I can't help out here. But just a small
question: wouldn't it make sense to call this function something like
'solve_linear_program' or 'linear_programming'. That would make it
easier if we at some point would use a different framework for solving
these kinds of problems (if one day they chose a non-silly license, we
just might use http://www.coin-or.org/).

Søren