Re: New plotting function surfl

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: New plotting function surfl
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 19:53:15 -0500

On Nov 9, 2008, at 10:54 AM, Kai Habel wrote:

Hello all,

the attached changeset adds the new plotting function surfl. To work
properly it requires the previous changeset about surface normals to be
applied as well.

The function surfl plots lighted surfaces. For best visual experience
colormaps like pink, copper, bone, or gray should be used.

For example:

colormap(bone);
surfl(peaks);
shading interp;

The function should work pretty well, so please give it try and report
bugs.

Very cool!

It works for me on Mac OSX with Aquaterm as well as with x11. I'm unable to try wxt at the moment ... I broke it when I started running the developers sources for gnuplot :-(

To be sure, what *I* see is what *you* see, I've attached a pdf.

Ben