SONAME clarification

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: SONAME clarification
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 18:54:04 +0100 (CET)

Hi All,
could someone clarify me the scope of

 { false, "SONAME_FLAGS", OCTAVE_CONF_SONAME_FLAGS },

in src/toplev.cc ?

I was trying to get rid of SONAME_FLAGS,
to solve the cygwin issue of different
prefix between DLL and the import library

cygoctave.dll liboctave.dll.a

see for reference
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/dll.html

My idea was to define
LIBPRE=cyg

and to replace SONAME_FLAGS with

SOCRUFT_FLAGS='-Wl,--out-implib=libcruft.dll.a'
SOOCTAVE_FLAGS='-Wl,--out-implib=liboctave.dll.a'
SOINTERP_FLAGS='-Wl,--out-implib=liboctinterp.dll.a'

for cygwin and leave

SOCRUFT_FLAGS= previous SONAME_FLAGS
SOOCTAVE_FLAGS= previous SONAME_FLAGS
SOINTERP_FLAGS= previous SONAME_FLAGS

for all the other systems.

As src/toplev.cc is puzzling me, I am not anymore
sure that there are no further consequence.
May I replace SONAME_FLAGS also there ?

Regards
Marco

      Unisciti alla community di Io fotografo e video, il nuovo corso di
fotografia di Gazzetta dello sport:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/iofotografoevideo