Re: patches for 3.0.x

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: patches for 3.0.x
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:22:15 +0100 (CET)

http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2008-November/009453.html

http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2008-November/009454.html

> > let me know if I need to add or clean
> > anything.
> >

> Are these intended for the development tree as well?
> If yes, then I'd
> prefer to wait for that and then transplant.
> I think I can apply the first patch to development
> tree, if you're OK with that.

I have not tested them on the development tree.
I am currently focused on the 3.0.x tree as
cygwin is almost ready to the transition on gcc-4.3.x.
Please give a try, if does not apply, I will work
on the development tree to make a dedicated version.

>  In the second discussion, there appears to be an
> unaddressed
> objection by JWE - can you comment on that?

I saw the objection, but from cygwin point of view
I will prefer first that octave works fine with
cygwin programs.

TMPDIR= C:/cygwin/tmp
is not a right path in cygwin.

gnuplot accept it but other programs, like
convert of ImageMagick doesn't.
It needs a standard
TMPDIR= /tmp

If someone is using octave on cygwin with a not
cygwin gnuplot, he can set TMPDIR= C:/cygwin/tmp
and breaks image and other cygwin programs;
all the others user expect that octave works fine
with any cygwin programs.

Should I add a note about it on README.Cygwin ?

> cheers
>
> --
> RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek

Regards
Marco

      Unisciti alla community di Io fotografo e video, il nuovo corso di
fotografia di Gazzetta dello sport:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/iofotografoevideo