Re: GUI work (was: Graphical help browser)

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: GUI work (was: Graphical help browser)
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 21:26:01 +0100

tir, 25 11 2008 kl. 14:48 -0500, skrev John Swensen:
> As indicated in the email to JWE, I am using GtkSourceView to
> implement the hard parts of the editor.  The rest of it is just
> managing buffers and opening files and such.

Yeah, GtkSourceView is really nice -- it does the heavy lifting, and
it's easy to use.

> At the present time, I see no other interactions between the editor
> and Octave, but if you see others let me know.

I can't think of anything else. So, the integration of an editor and
Octave only requires little. So, wouldn't it be better to run the editor
in a separate process and use some means of inter-process communication
to handle the integration? That way it would be easier to extend
$MY_EDITOR to integrate with Octave.

Søren