Re: GUI work (was: Graphical help browser)

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: GUI work (was: Graphical help browser)
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 13:41:42 -0700

On 11/25/08 address@hidden wrote:
For your information, here is a list of OctaveDE features and what I estimate their completion to be.
1) Octave running in a VTE terminal widget (100%)
2) Command history (100%)
3) Workspace variables (100%)
4) Syntax-highlighting editor (50% : there are still some bugs and debugging isn't incorporated yet. I would also like better emacs keybindings, search capability, code completion, blah, blah blah, but that is a ways off) 5) Integrated plotting (40% : I still have a bit to implement concerning how windowing events get reported back to new property system in Octave) 6) Octave server (80% : This is still ongoing, since I assume more interaction between Octave and an IDE may be necessary in the future).

It seems you have something that is fairly functional. It has been a long time since I used Matlab's IDE, but I remember it was helpful to use items 2-3, which you say are 100% complete. Would you mind making a version release on the project's sourceforge site? I am capable of downloading the cvs/svn code, but I bet you will see a bit more use, testing, and feedback if you make a release.

Jonathan