Re: GUI work (was: Graphical help browser)

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: GUI work (was: Graphical help browser)
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:04:13 -0600

2008/11/27 Abdelrazak Younes <address@hidden>:
> FYI, Mingw development is a pita (i.e. slow as hell).

I don't develop on MinGW; I develop on Emacs and I have just
discovered it's possible to cross compile rather nicely from GNU to
Windows using MinGW (well, as nice as cross compiling can be, but I
don't mind it too much). Of course, after I cross compile, I would
need someone to help me test it...

2008/11/27 John Swensen <address@hidden>:
> I am able to compile OctaveDE against
> any version of Octave >3.0 without any patches or modifications to Octave.

Really? There's something I'm not understanding, then. The
octave_server class never got accepted into Octave, did it? At least I
can't find it, and I did Doxygenise all of the Octave source, so it
should have shown up in the class list. I thought you were patching
your own Octave with that class before running OctaveDE on top of it?

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.